Restaurant Law Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Patron Injured At a Chili’s Restaurant after Biting into a Two Inch Sewing Needle That a Cook Lost after Using It to Clean His Marijuana Pipe.

A little over a month ago, Ashley Phillips was dining at Chili’s in Farmington, New Mexico when she bit into and pierced her tongue on a 2” long sewing needle that was being used by a Chili’s cook to clean his marijuana pipe.  Chili’s employees helped the customer extract the needle but then shockingly, refused to give the customer the needle so that she could have it tested for HIV, Hepatitis or other infections.  The resulting lawsuit was filed in part because the customer was annoyed that it took Chili’s fifty two days before it relented and sent the needle to a laboratory for testing.  For More Information on Restaurant Liability


Archived Posts

2019
2018
2017
2016
2015
2014
December
November
October
September
August
July
June
May
April
March
February
January
2013
December
November
October
September
August
June
February
2012
2011
December
November
October
September
July
June
May
January
2010




© 2019 DiPasquale & Summers | Attorney Advertisement
555 5th Avenue, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10017
| Phone: 646-383-4607

Clients | Testimonials | Bar & Restaurant News | Services

Attorney Website Design by
Zola Creative